Friday, November 10, 2006

Mental Fashionations

Damn, I just stumbled upon another possible title for this blog. I kind of like "Fashionation" better than Fashionosophy, but hell, I'm not doing this all over again.

Today's post on Dishalicious is fashion-related, so be sure to check that out too. I'm trying not to overlap. Long story short, you can create a non-wedding-related-pseudo registry over at Neiman's web site that's called a Wish List. Here's the link to my over-the-top Wish List, and I encourage you all to create one as well. It's soo fun. You can e-mail it to friends, family, lovers, spouses etc. and you can look up someone else's by punching in their e-mail address.

Anyway, do any of you fashionistas plan out your wardrobe for certain occassions (even mundane ones) days, even weeks in advance? No? OK, then you're not as sick as I am. Because when I know I have an event, a date or a party coming up, the mental wardrobe preparations begin as far in advance as possible.

Sometimes I start with the jewelry and work backwards. E.G. tonight--I have an outdoor symphony event and I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to wear, but knew that I wanted to sport this awesome new gold-and-diamond ring from Landsberg. So then I went from the ring backwards and here's what I came up with: gold chandelier earrings (paternal grandmother's), antique, blue-enamel-and-gold necklace with enamel, gold and diamond pocketwatch suspended on the chain (Roxy's), gold charm bracelet (mom's), brown-snakeskin, gold- and tiger's-eye Judith Leiber belt (Roxy's), C&C light turquoise T-shirt (Neiman's outlet), Habitual jeans (Barneys), classic, kitten-heel, chocolate-brown Chanel pumps (Bergdorf's) and small, pleated, tan-and-chocolate-brown Dior shoulder bag (Dior outlet at Woodbury Commons).

Whew. I'm exhausted just thinking about it, and I don't know why any of you want to read this, but there it is. All the thought processes and preparations it takes to pull off the whole "casual chic" look. And men wonder why it takes us soo long to get ready? Hello?

No comments: