Sunday, March 11, 2007

Cosmetics Crackhead

You know you're crazy when: You dream of products, especially items that haven't been invented yet. I'm obsessed with Dr. Hauschka lip balm and lip care stick. Yet last night I had a dream I was at Neiman's and they had a whole line of Dr. Hauschka lip products, glosses etc. Oy ya yoy. Crazy!

My other recent product favorites: BORBA. I use the Skin Balance Clarifying Aqua-Less Crystalline (Pomegranate flavor) every day, and as sketchy as it seems, the stuff actually works miracles. You mix it in your water, drink it up, and moments later, literally, you look as if you've just had a facial. Plus, it tastes good and each packet contains just about every daily vitamin you need. You can buy it at Sephora. I have only tried the clarifying formula, so I can't vouch for the other lines/tastes, but let me tell you, this is well worth the money.

The other day, I was out of my Kiehl's eye cream, which I've been using for years, but here in East Bumblefuck, there is only ONE place that has Kiehl's. Since I had to go stock up at Sephora anyway, I tried something new and quite like it. It's Philosophy's Hope in a Tube High Density Eye and Lip Firming Cream.

Now, it's not as good as my old standard: Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, but it will do for the next month or so.

Many of my friends my age do not understand the importance of moisturizing, and given the fact that they grew up in Florida, I think they are insane. Moisturizing the facial area, esp. the eyes where you get crow's feet is so important in preventing fine lines and wrinkles. So if you're not using under eye creams ladies, please start! The Kiehl's one is $24 and it will last you a couple months. You can order it online.

That's my beauty binge for today. Must go eat lunch and then go see my dentist, who is (thankfully a good family friend) and is seeing me today because my goddamn temporary crown has a mind of its own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, now *this* is something I can get behind! I love, love fancy face products (skin care, not makeup--I'm still a hopeless dunce at that) and have accumulated as much as my budget and medicine cabinet allow since I was about 23. You should try the Strivectin eye cream; it really works well, and it's a huge tube (1.3 oz.)--I've been using the same tube 2x/day for more than a year, and it was only $60. I'll have to give that miracle tonic a try.

Stephanie Green said...

You know, I bought it shortly after you did and just don't use it cause it leaves a residue. I like eye creams that absorb instantly, which is why the kiehl's is so great. . . . You should definitely try BORBA. I am now totally obsessed.